Software Engineering Manager – Metro Vancouver (full-time)
U-bicycle North America, established in August of 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is one of the world’s leading dock-less bicycle sharing platform that aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering global citizens with a greener, more efficient, and affordable mode of transportation. Our bicycles provide the public with a cost effective, efficient, and easy to use service for one to travel any distances long or short.
Our bicycle sharing service aspires to revolutionize our society’s current urban mobility concerns, and integrate cycling as the go-to method for short travels. We believe that cycling is an amazing way to alleviate the rising global concerns of congestion, pollution, high transportation costs and healthy lifestyle choices. Through bicycle sharing programs, we observed that it provides a flexible transportation method, reduces vehicle emissions, congestion, fuel consumption, and financial savings and provides riders with health benefits.
We are a growing company that values autonomy, performance, and potential and we are currently looking for another member to join and lead technical team in this rewarding experience. The Software Engineering Manager – Metro Vancouver is an important role in technology development of U-bicycle. Previous software programming experience needed.
For questions or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Software Engineering Manager is Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and will be responsible for:
· Design, develop and maintain computer-based systems and mobile platform to meet high demand of bike and carpool sharing users.
· Design, develop, upgrade and maintain evaluable mobile apps according to users’ experience and feedbacks to reach and attract more users.
· Taking ownership of problems, designing and developing highly reliable and scalable software systems to solve problems effectively and efficiently
· Set long-term technical strategy, manage the engineering team and oversee the performance of software engineering team.
· Able to train and mentor junior developers.
· 8+ years of hands on software development in C/C++ programming language.
· Master degree or above in Computer Science/Electrical Engineer or equivalent field.
· Proficient in Linux systems.
· 3+ years of team management experience is required.
· Mobile app development experience is required.
· Experience with MongoDB as well as relational databases.
· Experienced with multi-threaded programming.
· Experienced with design patterns.
· Deep understanding of user experience and able to convert user’s needs into reality.
· Project management experience is an asset.
· Fluent communication skills in English and Chinese.
· Richmond and/or Metro Vancouver.
· Full-time position
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
Previous software programming experience.
How to apply:
Please send applications (cover letter & resume), with job title in subject line, to: email@example.com.
Please be advised that selection for this role may include background checks (credentials/education, credit, identity check) and references.
Thank you for your application in advance – due to volume only those selected for interviews will be contacted.